"Line6 Monkey" and "Line6 POD HD500X" Edit don't detect my unit by USB

Bartok

"Line6 Monkey" and "Line6 POD HD500X" Edit don't detect my unit by USB

Post by Bartok »

Hello,

This afternoon, I've tried to check if there is any interesting update and I could not check anything, because "Line6 Monkey" and/or "Line6 500HDX Edit" can't detect my unit by USB.

When I run Monkey, I can see:
USB Firmware on my unit is version 0.00 (Newest: 1.04)
Flash Firmware on my unit is version 2.62 (Newest: 2.62)
So, I would need to update its USB Firmware at least...

On the other hand, I have reinstalled drivers twice (from Monkey and Web) and Monkey still doesn't detect them...

About POD HD500X Edit, some similar... It can't detect my unit...

Is there something I am doing wrong? Can you help me, please?

I am using a MacBook Pro OSX 10.13.6 (High Sierra) and the connection is by USB.

Thank you for your help!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LINE6 POD HD500X for Electric Bass
hurghanico

Re: "Line6 Monkey" and "Line6 POD HD500X" Edit don't detect my unit by USB

Post by hurghanico »

Hi,
in regard to USB firmware version displayed on the device it's normal that you see v.0.00 until the device is not connected and recognized by a computer, so don't worry about that, as soon as the device will be recognized the USB version will be displayed correctly.

Macbooks have strong security restrictions so in order to have your Line6 device recognized you might need to access the system preferences -> Security & Privacy...

..and allow the system software from developer Line6
Bartok

Post by Bartok »

Hello, and thank you for answering!

I'm afraid that's not my problem... On "System Preferences > Security", I don't have any software waiting for being "allowed". I have opened the "Firewall" and I've added the "Line6 Monkey" and "POD HD500X Edit" as trusted software, but it still doesn't work...

Should I set the POD in any kind of "PC Mode" (or similar) before trying to connect it to my Mac?
hurghanico

Post by hurghanico »

You're welcome!

There is no particular way to set up the POD for communication with the Macbook, it should work as it is.

I suggest trying to connect the POD to a PC with Line6 drivers installed so you can understand if the problem is due to the POD's interaction with the Macbook or if the POD itself has a problem.

It happens that the USB port of the POD gets damaged in which case any communication between it and any computer does not work.

Another thing to consider is that the POD tends to work well when connected to USB 2.0 only ports, while it has often issues with USB 3 ports.
Bartok

Post by Bartok »

It is strange... The USB port on th3 HD500X seems to function properly because when it is plugged/unplugged the picture of the HD500X turns grey/coloured.

But, I don’t know for what reason, the software doesn’tvdetect the hardware...

I’ll write Line6 support, to see what they think about it...

Best!!