Model Packs and OSX

Harleymon

Model Packs and OSX

Post by Harleymon »

I was interested in getting the "Vintage Model Pack" so I purchased it. I am running Mojave on a MAC 27" Retina Late 2014, 32 Gig Ram, which runs flawlessly. I used Line 6 Monkey to install the Model Pack , but it means going through and making sure you have all the Correct Flash, USB files etc. Then clicked on Additional Add ons. License manager then pops up and low and behold No model packs. it doesn't even recognize the PODHD500X
After numerous emails to Support using a Ticket, they finally said that Line 6 does not yet support High Sierra nor Mojave. You would think that they would have a disclaimer in this regard so we don't waste out time and Money trying to get Model Packs to load.I even downloaded Tones From Glenn Delaune and can't use them as intended as I don't have the Vintage model pack... Bummer. :( I tried using a MAC Book air as well and even tried Parallels using Windows 10 and it does not see the PDHD500X.
They did give me a total refund, but be warned IF you are not able to get Line 6 License Manager to verify that you have model packs you can not delete them or get a refund as all Refunds and purchased Model Packs Have to go through License Manager.
Not sure if anyone else has had this issue, and if they did were they able to get it resolved so that they could load the Model packs :?:
Thanks
Harleymon
hurghanico

Re: Model Packs and OSX

Post by hurghanico »

Harleymon wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:54 pm I was interested in getting the "Vintage Model Pack" so I purchased it. I am running Mojave on a MAC 27" Retina Late 2014, 32 Gig Ram, which runs flawlessly. I used Line 6 Monkey to install the Model Pack , but it means going through and making sure you have all the Correct Flash, USB files etc. Then clicked on Additional Add ons. License manager then pops up and low and behold No model packs. it doesn't even recognize the PODHD500X
After numerous emails to Support using a Ticket, they finally said that Line 6 does not yet support High Sierra nor Mojave. You would think that they would have a disclaimer in this regard so we don't waste out time and Money trying to get Model Packs to load.I even downloaded Tones From Glenn Delaune and can't use them as intended as I don't have the Vintage model pack... Bummer. :( I tried using a MAC Book air as well and even tried Parallels using Windows 10 and it does not see the PDHD500X.
They did give me a total refund, but be warned IF you are not able to get Line 6 License Manager to verify that you have model packs you can not delete them or get a refund as all Refunds and purchased Model Packs Have to go through License Manager.
Not sure if anyone else has had this issue, and if they did were they able to get it resolved so that they could load the Model packs :?:
Thanks
Harleymon
Sorry to hear about the issue you had trying to install the Model Packs..

If you have the latest firmware installed in your POD the model packs actually are already loaded into the device but they are hidden/unusable until you authorize them by using just the License Manager (the Monkey app is useless in this case)..

All I know regarding the issues between the POD and OSX is what's already written in the following post in the Line6 website:
macOS High Sierra 10.13/Mojave 10.14 Driver Installation Change

I don't know if you have already tried the above fix

on the Sweetwater website there is the macos 10-14-mojave-compatibility list, and specifically for Line6 is written:

Line 6 is compatible!

Line 6 has informed SweetCare that they have tested their products’ compatibility with macOS 10.14 Mojave and did not run into any compatibility issues. However, Apple’s new security measures have impacted some users. To see these fixes, please take a look at the articles below. (which is the same linked previously above here)
Harleymon

Post by Harleymon »

Thanks for the Reply, but I have tried that method laid out in the link you added as well as a few other things at the Direction of Line 6 Support with no luck. It was Line 6 that stated they are unable to help or support OSX High Sierra and Mojave at this point in time, and do not know when they will have a fix.
Harleymon
hurghanico

Post by hurghanico »

Harleymon wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:37 pm Thanks for the Reply, but I have tried that method laid out in the link you added as well as a few other things at the Direction of Line 6 Support with no luck. It was Line 6 that stated they are unable to help or support OSX High Sierra and Mojave at this point in time, and do not know when they will have a fix.
Harleymon
I guess that they will never fix the POD driver issue with OSX High Sierra and Mojave..
Nowdays Line6 efforts are all for the new Helix platform, and even if the POD still sells quite well, time ago they abandoned its development, but also its support..

Think that there are still a few quite old bugs in the POD Editor which have never been addressed until now, and never will, I guess..

It's a shame because it is still a valid product and can give excellent results to its users.