Photos of the main board of the POD

hurghanico

Photos of the main board of the POD

Post by hurghanico »

During the years I had to replace by myself some of the encoders under the display and lately also the USB port, so I thought to post here the photos of the POD main board, which could be useful in case you think to replace something and have an idea of how it is.

rpape2601

Re: Photos of the main board of the POD

Post by rpape2601 »

I did an encoder and dc input replacement and now the unit won't light up. The solder joints are clean and I don't see anything unusual, is there anything that I may have missed? Would the encoder have anything to do with it?
hurghanico

Re: Photos of the main board of the POD

Post by hurghanico »

rpape2601 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 8:39 pm I did an encoder and dc input replacement and now the unit won't light up. The solder joints are clean and I don't see anything unusual, is there anything that I may have missed? Would the encoder have anything to do with it?
If the type of encoder mounted is not the right one it could cause malfunctions, but the unit should at least switch on..

I rather suspect that some small element near the replaced encoder has accidentally unsoldered during soldering, as has happened to me in the past, and if this happens it is normal that the unit will not turn on anymore.

If you look carefully at some photos in this thread you will notice that on the main board of my POD there is a red electric wire, which was actually added by a professional technician to rebuild a track damaged by the heat generated by my attempt to desolder and solder, moreover he added also a small rectangular element that was accidentally unsoldered and lost..

Unfortunately in that case I had to pay for the mistakes made due to my inexperience in soldering on delicate circuits